Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1:12 scale miniature antique wood work

Remember the work in progress piece I was working few weeks ago over here : http://miniaturepatisseriechef.blogspot.com/2010/01/show-and-tell-monday-work-in-progress.html


Well, I'm there. Actually I changed course halfway too, because I wanted to inject more personal style into it. I kept the original design too, but that will be for my own collection.


Here's another sneak preview.


Do you like old antique woodwork? There is an old charm to it. It requires more work, but I really like how it turns out.


This is the first time I'm using purple for woodwork. It just so happens, that everything is purplish lately...hydrangeas...woodwork. It wasn't planned that way, just co-incidence really. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Lovely wood aging--we call it 'pickling'!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old antique woodwork too.
    When I look at it, I feel as if I was in the dream…*purple color is fantastic*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)